PAMFIR by Dmytro Sukholytkyy-Sobchuk - UKRAINE
How to Apply ?
Each year, visions sud est supports 10 to 12 new projects through calls for projects. There are two sessions per year. The next deadlines are: February 23, 2024 and July 26, 2024. Before submitting your application, please read the following information carefully.
Feature-length fiction and documentary films (at least 70 minutes) are eligible.
The applicant producer must be established in one of the countries eligible for visions sud est and regularly produce films in these countries. In addition, the director must be from one of these countries.
The full list of eligible countries is available here.
Filming must take place mainly in eligible countries and in the local or regional language.
In return for support from visions sud est all, distribution rights for Switzerland (and Lichtenstein) go to the fund.
At least 30% of the budget must already be secured when the application is submitted.
visions sud est supports films at the production or post-production stage.
Support at the production stage is given on the basis of documents attesting to the feasibility of the project. The shooting must start in the 18 months that follow the awarding of the support.
Support at the post-production stage is given on the basis of a first cut and a post-production concept.
Above all, make sure your project is sufficiently advanced to be submitted, as you can only apply once for each category of support.
A fiction film project may be supported with a maximum of 50'000 Swiss francs for production or a maximum of 20'000 Swiss francs for post-production.
A documentary film may be supported with a maximum of 20'000 Swiss francs for production or a maximum of 10'000 Swiss francs for post-production.
The jury may decide to support a project in development rather than in production, with up to a maximum of 5,000 Swiss francs.
Development support by the visions sud est fund does not exclude production or post-production support by the same fund at a later call.
However, a project supported at the production stage is not eligible for post-production support.
Furthermore as visions sud est is supported by the SDC, if a project has received an Open Doors Grant (for production) at the Locarno Film Festival, the visions sud est Award for production or post-production) at Visions du Réel or support from a local SDC office in the project's country of origin, it cannot be supported by visions sud est at the production or post-production stage.
TUNIS-DJERBA by Amel Guellaty Amel - TUNISIA
YO VÍ TRES LUCES NEGRAS by Santiago Lozano Álvarez - COLOMBIA
• There are two rounds of support per year - one deadline in February and another in July.
• Applications are the same for production or post-production, documentary or fiction films.
• Applications are made using a form. Information on the project, director and producer is required. To prepare your application, consult the checklist for all the material required for the submission.
• Applications received after the deadline will be considered for the next round.
• The selection process takes 16 weeks.
• Once your application has been verified as complete, you will receive an e-mail confirming that your project will be evaluated and the date on which you will receive a reply regarding the support you have requested.
• Submitted projects are evaluated by a jury of 5 experts. Jury members are free to make their own decisions and must remain unanimous.
• Due to the large number of projects submitted, visions sud est is unfortunately unable to give reasons for its decisions.
Which countries are eligible?
Who can submit an application?
How many projects can be submitted for the same deadline?
Can a project be submitted twice?
Can a project that has already received support from visions sud est apply for another type of support?
Are projects coproduced by a broadcast company eligible?
Is there a maximum budget beyond which a film project is not eligible?
What proportion of the crew must be from the country of origin?
For production support, is it possible to start shooting before the project is submitted?
Can the application be made in French?