THE FUNDING REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN REVISED AS WELL AS THE LIST OF ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES.
PLEASE READ THE UPDATES CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
The Swiss fund visions sud est was initiated in 2005 by the Foundation trigon-film Baden and the Fribourg Film Festival, with the collaboration of Nyon's Visions du Reel and the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. In 2011, the Locarno Film Festival has joined the fund and since 2019 the Festival Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur is also part of it. The fund supports film productions from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe and aims at making them visible in Switzerland and worldwide. In case a project is being supported, all rights for Switzerland are automatically transfered to visions sud est.
Next Application Deadlines
23 February 2023
27 July 2023
The form on the website as well as all other documents must be filled in or/and uploaded no later than on the day of the deadline (local Swiss time).
we do not accept incomplete applications!
Please read the following instructions carefully and note that we will not accept any incomplete or delayed application. The application consists of two parts: the webform submitted online and the documents which can be uploaded in a separate window. The whole application has to be done electronically.
If you wish to apply for funds from visions sud est, we kindly ask you to proceed as follows:
Make sure your project meets our criteria by reading the regulations on our website carefully. Applications which do not meet our criteria will not be taken into consideration.
Send us your complete application consisting of: For PRODUCTION SUPPORT and POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
a) The form on our website, filled out in English or French. All fields must, without exception, be completed and the form must be submitted electronically via the "submit" button on our website.
- information regarding the production company (company profile, filmography and biography of producer)
- logline and synopsis
- formal concept / treatment
- director's declaration of intent
- director's biography and filmography
- production schedule
- financial plan with clear indications about confirmed and requested funds. ATTENTION: We only accept projects that have already acquired at the minimum 30% of their financing.
b) Documents which can be uploaded in a separate window (only in pdf or jpg format!):
- certificate of official registration of the production company, corporate statute if available
- detailed budget in USD, EUR or CHF (please indicate currency clearly!). Global budgets will not be accepted
- copies of documents regarding confirmed or requested support (as listed in the financial plan). ATTENTION: We only accept projects that have already acquired at the minimum 30% of their financing. The documents must prove that at least 30 % of financing is guaranteed.
- copies of co-production agreements (or letter of intent if the agreement is not set up yet)
- agreements of international sales, distribution or television rights already confirmed (if applicable)
- copy of agreement regarding author's rights (if screenwriter and producer are not identical)
- a letter signed by the director, stating that he or she is in agreement that the production company is applying for support at visions sud est
- any other documents of artistic or financial nature that could provide additional information about financing or production of the project.
In addition for PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
- the final version of the screenplay (fictional film)
- a detailed treatment (documentary film)
In addition for POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
- post-production schedule
- detailed post-production budget
- financial plan for post-production with detailed information regarding the cost of the work not yet financed, along with an explanation of the budget deficit items and copies of documents regarding confirmed or requested funds (as listed in the financial plan for the post-production)
- a link for the rough cut with at least 2/3 of the film and subtitled in English. The link has to stay active for at least 3 months after the deadline.
- A film can have its world premiere only after the results of visions sud est are known.
All documents must be in English.
Please note that we do not accept incomplete applications!
Make sure to meet the deadline! The form on the website as well as all other documents must arrive in our office not later than on the day of the deadline (Swiss local time). Applications that arrive later may be considered for the following selection round in case they meet our criteria and are complete.
4. Postal mail
We do not accept applications sent by postal mail.
We try our best to answer your requests and applications quickly. At the same time, it is our intention to keep administrative costs low in order to devote as much as possible of visions sud est's funding to the film projects. We therefore kindly ask you to also take note of the following:
- The office of the fund is not open daily. Therefore, visit our website and read the information carefully before writing to us. You can indeed find answers to most of your questions on our website in the sections regulations and FAQ and form!
- Since we receive a lot of applications, it is impossible for us to answer individually about the status of each application. Normally we acknowledge receipt of the application by e-mail within one month following the deadline.
- As a rule, the decisions of the selection committee will be communicated app. 3 months following the deadline. The applicants will be notified by e-mail about the decision taken by the selection committee, but not about the reasons for its decision. The titles of the supported projects will be published on our website.
We wish you success with your project!